Melon season is here and cantaloupe is abundant. This make-ahead sherbet is sugar-free and pleasing to the sens
Cantaloupe Sherbet (5 servings, 1 cup per serving)
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled and finely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute with aspartame (such as Equal SpoonfulŪ)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh is always best)
- 2 tsp unflavored gleatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) carton vanilla fat-free yogurt sweetened with aspartame
- Cantaloupe wedge (optional)
Cantaloupe Sherbet Preparation Method
Combine cantaloupe, sugar substitute, and lemon juice in container of an electric blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 4 minutes. Add to cantaloupe mixture, stirring well. Add yogurt, stirring until smooth.
Pour mixture into an 8-inch square pan; freeze until almost firm. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until fluffy. Spoon mixture back into pan; freeze until firm. Scoop into individual serving dishes to serve. Garnish each serving with a cantaloupe wedge, if desired.
1 Fruit; 1/2 Skim Milk
Diabetic Diet | Diabetic Recipes|