Diabetic Diet Recipes - Stirfry Chicken and Vegetables
Diabetic Recipe - Stirfry Chicken and Vegetables (4 servings)
This is quick and easy. Marinade in the morning, put the rice on 30 minutes before dinner, and then cut the vegetables and start cooking.
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce (preferably reduced sodium)
1 tablespoon sherry (cream)
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 slice ginger root, thin, peeled, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
2 green onions with tops, sliced
1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinned and cut into thin strips
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
1 cup broccoli flowerets and stems, peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen chinese pea pod, stem ends snipped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. In a glass dish, combine water, vinegar, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, onions, and chicken and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (the longer, the better).
2. Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
3. In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken loses its pink color. Remove chicken.
4. Add celery, carrots, and broccoli and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add pea pods and marinade and cover. Let vegetables steam for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add chicken and sesame seeds and stir to combine. Vegetables should be crisp-tender, pea pods still bright green. Serve with Chinese or Korean rice, if available.
Food exchanges per 1 ¼-cup serving: 3 ½ lean MEAT, 2 VEGETABLE
Diabetic Diet | Diabetic Recipes|